Photo Credit Petra Mayer
Your response has been overwhelming to say the least! I am hugely grateful to have so many amazing people in my life. Thank you all so much for your generosity and responding hastily with your ideas, love, donations and time. You are all making this tough time in my life much more manageable.
I am keeping positive and feeling good about my prospective treatments. I am aiming to begin February 20th and should be in treatment until March 20th, just a bit of spring cleaning, right?
Until then, I will continue my health regime. Unsightly, yet oh so tasty, green concoctions (pictured above), nutrient rich foody goodness, Acupuncture, Reiki, swimming, laughing, crying (it's ok, cleanses the eyeballs.... and the cat), dancing (fairly awkwardly, with the curtains closed!), spending time with wonderful people, and living each day like I mean it!
There are many fundraising events in the works, here in Vancouver and internationally. Here are some of the amazing events being planned so far..mark your calendars!:
- Jan. 20th-Coquitlam, BC. Wonderful Mrs. Caroline is hosting jewelery party by Stella and Dot! http://new.evite.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_share_widget&utm_content=fb_link&utm_campaign=invite#view_invite:eid=0005AAQZXGL24EW3EEPADOUVP5SSUQ&gid=fb
- Feb.3rd- St.Augustines Pub-Vancouver. The generous owners, Mike, Anthony, and Nick, are putting on a pub night. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150092443529260&set=o.109734222428977
- Feb.5th- Silent Auction/Pub/music night @The Cambrian Hall-Vancouver. Steph and Kev Boggan, Julie Hamilton, Margaret Davidson, Petra Mayer and many others are organizing this fabulous night, not to be missed! Auction items so far include:
- Beautiful Jewelry by http://www.pkkdesign.com/
- Romantic night for 2 at the Coast plaza Vancouver.
- Art work by http://www.charhoyt.com/ and http://www.sarahmulder.com/
- Pet Photography package by Petra Mayer http://ppp-photography.com/
- Raw food cooking class for 4 at http://organiclives.org/
- A hand crafted, sexy and elegant hat by Sarah Strange (Stranger Things Millinery)
- soooo many more fab items. Event/ticket info firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb.12th- Murder Mystery night-Port Moody, BC. The 2 lovely ladies, Natalie Mead and Cassie Price are planning this intriguing evening...stay tuned for more details! http://pinkstarevents.ticketleap.com/murder-mystery-fundraiser/
- Feb.11th- Live music/fundraising night-Southport, UK. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150369195350165&set=a.143682945164.226890.608880164
- Feb.14th- Music charity night- Edinburgh, Scotland. Join Mr.David Paul Jones for an http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194140397269253
- Feb.19th- Hot acoustic/comedy evening@ The Prophouse-Vancouver. My beautiful friend, Miss Olivia McCarthy, is concocting an elegant evening of tunes and laughs. More details to come!
- Feb.20th - fundraiser-Ft. Lauderdale, USA. My cuz, Miss Romy Gack and her wonderful pals have got some plans up their sleeves http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141757285881257 .......Other Fabulous happenings.....
- Wonderfully talented tattoo artist Betty B will be auctioning tattoo time! woo hoo! http://www.facebook.com/Inkbybettyb
- Local comedian and my pal, Mr. Graham Clark, is creating original art work...with his beard! These abstract pieces of work are currently being auctioned on ebay...get em while they're hot! http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140500934777#ht_500wt_1156
- Matt Larrivee of Larrivee guitars will be auctioning one of their fine guitars online. More details to come. http://www.larrivee.com/
- Family in Vancouver, the UK and the US are busy at work coming up with great ideas..More news to come.
- Friends in Wexford Ireland are planning a wee local shindig.
- Lynn Harris- Elliott is currently training to run in a half marathon in February..woo hoo Lynn! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Running-for-Clare/130239093703050
- Cassie Price and Tindy Bassi -Tindy & Cassie's samosa sales at work raised $200!
Lots more news to come! Again, my sincere thanks goes out to everyone.